Allegra recently hosted “Find Your X Factor,” an informative lead generation webinar that articulated strategic ways for business owners and marketers to distinguish their companies to drive leads and loyalty.
The webinar was led by award-winning, cross-channel marketing influencer and Director of Keypoint Intelligence for InfoTrends, Kate Dunn. Kate detailed best practices to increase brand awareness and grow existing customer or donor bases, and how to generate new leads.
As part of her dynamic presentation, Kate shared several statistics to paint a picture of the unmistakable need for companies to “find their unique” to support their business growth goals. For instance, she shared a finding from SiriusDecisions that, “An inability to articulate unique value is the number one reason that sales reps don’t achieve their quotas.”
Breaking through the noise with clearly defined differentiators tied to effective cross-channel marketing strategies can help business owners and marketers achieve their lead generation goals. But finding what works for your business amid the ever-growing list of competitors and marketing options can be both time-consuming and frustrating.
Below are six key takeaways from the “Find Your X Factor” webinar to help you market the unique in your business. We have also provided a link at the end of this blog entry to download the full presentation.
- Lead generation is hard work. According to Salesforce, it takes six to eight touches to generate a viable sales lead. Resolve to be in the sales and marketing process for the long haul and personalize communications throughout the process to make them more meaningful to the recipient.
- Target hot prospects with relevant, concise messaging using multiple channels. Consumers are inundated with marketing messages. Use personalized communications that are simple and actionable to break through the clutter. Target audiences that are similar to your best customers, using as many relevant marketing channels as you can to connect with your intended target.
- Track everything you do, analyze what’s happening and modify accordingly for continuous improvement. By creating a close-looped lead generation process, you’ll be able to track your marketing activities, prospect activity, lead generation successes and sales retention to determine best practices and identify areas where prospects lose interest.
- Don’t forget the direct mail channel! Direct mail marketing plays an important role in a multi-channel marketing strategy. It stands out, builds brand awareness and drives action. According to a recent Small Business Trends article, in a study on the effectiveness of direct mail, 62 percent of consumers who responded to direct mail during a three-month timeframe also reported making a purchase.
- B2B: Focus your social media efforts on LinkedIn. LinkedIn serves as a platform to share relevant content, start conversations and build relationships. The social media platform recently debuted a new feature called “LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms,” designed to streamline the process of collecting quality leads.
- Get help from experts… It’s worth it! Lead generation is difficult and can be time-consuming. By partnering with an expert resource such as Allegra that has the knowledge, processes and technology to improve your lead generation efforts, your marketing strategies are likely to close more deals and drive more revenue for the brand.
Interested in working with Allegra to define your brand’s “X Factor” and improve your lead generation strategy? Check out the recording of Allegra’s lead generation webinar Find Your X Factor and contact your local Allegra.